Discipline That Restores
Presenter: Roxanne Claassen, Educator and trainer; California, USA
Thursday, April 4
|17:00||Closing, raffle, certificates|
Location: Neumann Hall
This seminar is for all teachers who are interested in how to use techniques of restorative discipline in the classroom. Teachers from elementary, secondary and gymnasiums are encouraged to attend. The presentation will be in English with translation into Lithuanian.
This session is to provide teachers with knowledge of restorative justice theory, skills and practice in school settings. Participants will be introduced to a restorative discipline model for the classroom. Discipline That Restores, a book written by Ron and Roxanne Claassen. As educators, this a description of what they have practiced and what has worked for them - and for many schools in California and throughout the USA. Questions to be considered during the session include: Is discipline primarily about punishing or teaching? Is it about control or forming community? How do we understand Conflict? Is it normal or abnormal? Is it to be avoided or embraced? Is it a danger or an opportunity?
- You may register for the seminar by filling out the online application form.
- Register before March 29.
- 20 LTL in advance if you pay before April 2nd (payment can be made through the bank)
- 40 LTL after April 2nd (payment can be made through the bank)
- 40 LTL on the day of registration on site (cash only)
- If your school will be paying for the seminar, please fill out the online application form with the correct information. We will prepare a sąskaita-faktūra for you when you arrive at the seminar.
Bank Transfer Information
Bank name: AB SEB bankas
Bank address: Gedimino pr. 12, LT-01103 Vilnius
Bank code: 70440
Account number: LT53 7044 0600 0054 4963 (LTL or EUR only)
Please make sure your bank transfer includes the following information:
- Your full name
- The amount of the payment
- A description of the payment (Anglų kalbos mokytojų seminaras)
- The date of the payment
English Language Institute
(+370 46) 31 04 60
(+370 46) 31 05 60