In collaboration with Education Exchanges Support Foundation, LCC International University offers Lithuanian state scholarships to attend Lithuanian language and culture summer courses.
Scholarships for Lithuanian language and culture courses are offered for candidates who are:
- students, lecturers or researchers of higher education and research institutions;
- foreigners of Lithuanian origin;
- Erasmus+ students coming to Lithuania for their mobility.
Please note that these courses are not available for holders of higher than C1 level of Lithuanian language and for native speakers.
3 types of scholarships are offered for Lithuanian language and culture summer course:
FOR FOREIGNERS (deadline March 15):
- Submit online application form;
- Upload recommendation letter filled and signed by a professor or other academic staff, tutor or employer. Please use this template to attach it to the application form.
- Upload official letter from the candidate’s higher education and research institution approving the status of a student, lecturer or researcher. Note: For students the letter must contain information on the applicant’s current cycle of studies (1st, 2nd or 3rd study cycle), year of studies and expected date of graduation (must be attached to the application form)
FOR FOREIGNERS OF LITHUANIAN ORIGIN (deadline March 15):
- Submit online application form
- Upload recommendation letter from Lithuanian community or Lithuanian education institution abroad. Please use this template to attach it to the application form.
- Upload document proving Lithuanian origin (must be attached to the application form):
- a certificate or other document proving the Lithuanian origin issued by the Lithuanian community of a respective country or other competent authority (an embassy and similar);
- a document issued by a competent foreign authority (a school, municipality, embassy and similar) proving that the person has resided for three years in a foreign country if he/she is an alien;
FOR ERASMUS+ STUDENTS (deadline June 7)
(coming to Lithuania for their mobility in 2019-2020 academic year)
- Submit online application form.
- Upload Erasmus+ form signed by home institution coordinator. Please use this template to attach it to the application form.
Required documents must be completed in English or Lithuanian only.
These scholarships are available for the following countries:
Priorities will be given to the applicants who:
- apply for the summer language and culture courses for the first time (this priority is not applicable for Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin);
- formally or informally study Lithuanian language, history and culture as a subject at home institution (it must be justified in the application form).
- 1st cycle (Bachelor), 2nd cycle (Master), 3rd cycle (PhD) students, lecturers and researchers of all study/research fields approved for Lithuanian language and culture courses will receive a scholarship of 570 EUR (does not apply for Erasmus+ students).
- Tuition fee for Lithuanian language and culture courses will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.
- Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
- Any other fees shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
- Scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.
NOTE: If the potential applicant has received Lithuanian state scholarships for consecutive 12 months, he/she is not eligible to apply for any Lithuanian state scholarship for 1.5 year.