LCC International University is implementing Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) process. The goal of the assessment of prior learning is to contribute to a person’s desire for lifelong learning, to meet the individual learning needs and guarantee a person the opportunity to validate the acquired knowledge and skills.
To Whom It Applies
The candidates might be anyone who has received the knowledge and skills in nonacademic setting and seeks to formalize the achievements and with at least a high school diploma:
- those who are planning to study in a formal program of study at the University and wish to evaluate competencies acquired in this way (work activities, independent study, internships, seminars, projects and so on);
- enrolled students who seek to formalize learning achievements acquired through non-formal and informal learning.
- without bachelor degree in the field but with work experience of at least 3 years;
- with higher education degree but employed in a different field for at least 3 years;
- interrupted studies in higher education for various reasons
Here You will find Application For Prior Learning Assessment. When your Application Form will be approved, you need to fill the Contract for Assessment of Prior Learning and send it to Registrar’s Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning achievements might be acquired through:
- work activities;
- internships, courses and other activities that lasted for a limited period of time;
- independent study;
- education through hobbies.
Methods Of Assessment
Learning achievements may be assessed using the following methods:
- performance monitoring,
For each assessment of each competency at least three assessment methods must be used.
When the assessment procedure is completed successfully the appropriate course credits are transferred, thereby the duration of the study years is shortening
The requirements for the candidates and assessment procedures and possibilities are available here.
The fees for application, consultation and assessment are determined every academic year according the Lithuanian BSI.
If you see are eligible for this process please contact the Registrar’s Office.