The Community Multicultural Awareness Program (CMAP) was created to attempt to bridge the gap between predominately mono-cultural Lithuania (83.45% Lithuanians) and multicultural Europe. High school students learn about different countries around the world by meeting a diverse group of LCC students from different geographic regions of the world. Through interactive activities, presentations and small group discussions, participants are challenged to confront stereotypes in their own lives and within Lithuania. The purpose of this multicultural and human rights education is to promote a more tolerant Klaipėda and Lithuania. Participants who complete the program earn a certificate of achievement. All sessions occur in English. The program is free.
- Human Rights
- Tolerance Education
- Worldview Discussions
- Wednesday, October 10 || Opening Session || 16:00-18:00, Neumann Lobby
- Wednesday, October 17 || 16:00-18:00, Neumann Lobby
- Saturday, October 20 || Movie Night || 17:00-20:00, Neufeld Auditorium
- Wednesday, October 24 || 16:00-18:00, Neumann Lobby
- Wednesday, October 31– NO SESSION
- Wednesday, November 7 || 16:00-18:00, Neumann Lobby
- Wednesday, November 14 || Movie Night || 16:00-18:00, Neumann Lobby
- Wednesday, November 21 || 16:00-18:00, Neumann Lobby
- Wednesday, November 28 || Closing Session || 16:00-18:00, Neumann Lobby
Questions? Contact us at CMAP@lcc.lt .