An LCC ID card is an official LCC document intended to be used as the primary source of identification for faculty, staff and students on LCC property and to provide a more secure university community. The card will open the university doors for faculty, staff and students. The card will allow faculty, staff and students to check out textbooks and books from the LCC library, to use the Michealsen Center facilities, etc.
- An ID card is valid for an unlimited time, unless a person permanently leaves the university. LCC ID card is issued for the whole period of students’ studies and whole term of employment.
- The responsibility for the safety and usage of the card lies with the person whose name is on the card. It is prohibited to give your card to another person. Each person can have only one card. It is prohibited to use another person’s card.
- The LCC ID card has a one-time fee of 10 EUR that is charged to a student’s account. It is mandatory that every student, staff and faculty member have an activated LCC ID card.
In order to unlock the doors or gates, you should scan the card on the particular entrance reader. The distance between your card and the reader can be up to 15 cm.
- Michealsen fitness center.Students planning to use the Michealsen fitness center need to pay and activate their cards at the Michealsen Center reception desk. For staff and faculty access to fitness center is assigned to the ID card automatically.
- Access to Residence Halls. Entry rights to the Residence halls are granted to residential students though Student Life Office
- If an ID card is lost, the owner needs to send an email to email@example.com asking to deactivate it. Apply for a replacement card by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost of replacement 10 EUR.
- If a name or surname changes, the owner needs to contact the Registrar office (students) or HR office (employees) for the name to be changed in the university database. Once this information is changed, apply for a card by emailing email@example.com. Cost of replacement 10 EUR.
- Student cards: Registrar sends information to the Facilities manager at the end of each semester (list of dismissed, suspended, graduated students). ID cards for students on academic leave are not deactivated
- Faculty/Staff cards. After the work contract is terminated, HR sends information to the Facilities manager for deactivation.