Students in their 2nd through 4th year are eligible for off-campus studies.
* (students in their 4th year can participate in the exchange program only with an approval of department chair)
Participants are selected by LCC Erasmus+ Committee on the basis of the following criteria:
- Previous academic records (CUM GPA of 7.50 and above)
- Motivation to study in a foreign country
- Student’s goals fit the host institution study program
- Co-Curricular involvement
- Ability to solve problems
- Language skills
Deadline for Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 is March 1, 2019
To apply for Erasmus+ studies please submit the following forms:
- Application ;
- find a faculty member to fill out Faculty Recommendation;
- find a friend or another classmate to fill out Peer Recommendation.
Applications are due in October and February. E-news are sent with application information and dates each semester to all students.
- Need to be full-time students at a hosting institution taking 30 ECTS credits per semester. All earned credits are recognized as part of studies at LCC International University.
- Pay LCC tuition fees for the number of credits indicated above.
- Do not pay any fees at a host institution.
- May receive a scholarship to cover travel, insurance and living expenses.
- Complete the Language proficiency test.
- Receive the Erasmus+ Student Charter*
* Erasmus+ Student Charter is provided by the home university before departing on study or placement period abroad. The Student Charter provided in the form of a leaflet highlights the rights and obligations of students participating in Erasmus+. The Charter also specifies the main obligations of the Erasmus+ students, providing them with a concise idea of their duties with regard to both their home and host higher education institutions.
Erasmus+ stipends for the academic year 2019–2020
- Ireland, Denmark, Iceland, Great Britain, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Finland, Sweden – €520/month
- Austria, Belgium, Greece, Italy, Spain, Malta, Cyprus, Netherlands, France, Portugal, Germany – €470/month
- Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Poland, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Hungary – €420/month
Disadvantaged students (special needs not applicable) can additionally receive €200/month.
Upon arrival to the host university abroad
Please ask the Erasmus+ coordinator of the host university:
- to sign your Learning Agreement;
- to provide you with the Certificate of Enrollment which states the dates of the semester;
- to sign your updated Learning Agreement if you make any changes in courses.
All the above mentioned documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to make any class changes, please notify CIE/your department chair in order to get the approval before making any changes at the host institution. After the first day of classes at a host institution students must officially withdraw from the course that they do not wish to continue in.
The schedule below shows the financial consequences of withdrawing. The tuition refund is based upon the day the withdrawal process is complete, not the day the student ceases to attend the course. Students who drop classes at a host institution from the beginning of the semester will be refunded as per the following schedule:
- Semester days 1-7: 100% refund, no academic penalty
- Semester days 8-21: 50% refund, no academic penalty
- Semester days 22-35: 25% refund, no academic penalty
- Semester day 36 and later: 0% refund (withdrawn-fail)
Upon return to LCC
When you finish your studies abroad and come back to LCC, please provide the Center for International Education (CIE) with the following:
- The original Learning Agreement, signed by the Erasmus+ coordinator of the host institution;
- The original Certificate of Enrollment, signed by the Erasmus+ coordinator of the host institution;
- Transcript of Records;
- You are also required to complete the Final report and the Language proficiency test.
Note: All classes taken at a host institution will be recognized on a PASS/FAIL basis by LCC International University.
The benefits of study abroad are almost endless.