If you speak Lithuanian, you can learn any language in the world!
Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Course
Program date: July 27 – August 25, 2019
The Intensive Lithuanian Language and Culture course is a unique opportunity to learn basic Lithuanian language skills or improve your existing skills, travel around the country, and experience traditional food and celebrations, as well as to get to know life in modern Lithuania.
Using some of the most up-to-date teaching resources, experienced faculty members and assistants will:
- Guide you in developing Lithuanian speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills
- Introduce you to traditions, customs, and social norms
- Inform you about the integrated historical, cultural, and political contexts of Lithuania
Students from around the world will spend four weeks:
- Studying Lithuanian in a stimulating, multicultural community
- Immersing themselves in Lithuanian culture and getting to know its people
- Learning to live in modern Lithuania
The program offers a total of 160 academic hours including:
- 4 hours of class time each day
- Intentional cultural programs
- Enriching weekend field trips to important places in the region
Application deadline: June 1, 2019
Program Cost 690.00 EUR
Credits: 8 ECTS
There are two levels offered at the same time: one course is designed for students who have no previous knowledge of Lithuanian (A1), and the second level is for students with some background in Lithuanian (B1).
Introducing LCC International University
LCC International University is the only American-style university in Eastern Europe with English as the language of instruction. LCC is a nationally and internationally recognized liberal arts university. Established in 1991, LCC has distinguished itself in the region by offering a different kind of educational experience. As a Liberal Arts institution, LCC challenges students to think beyond their area of study and engage in a wide variety of other subjects – literature, economics, philosophy, and conflict transformation to name a few. At LCC students find a Christian atmosphere of mutual respect and interaction.
Teaching foreign language is one of the strength of LCC International University. Lithuanian as a foreign language has been taught at the university for 20 years during the semesters and summers. Every year more than 120 students study Lithuanian language as foreign language in 5 different levels. The faculty of the Lithuanian Studies department has a wide array of experience, knowledge and material for teaching Lithuanian.