*This video was produced by Lindsay Christie as a part of Dialogue of Civilizations: The Baltic States before and after Communism class offered through Northeastern University.
If you are unable to spend a semester abroad, perhaps a summer will work for you. Study Abroad Lithuania offers Summer Study Abroad Classes, Internships, Residence Assistance and Volunteering programs that allows you to spend a few weeks or months of the summer in Lithuania. The Study Abroad staff works with independent students looking to have a study abroad experience or with groups from different colleges and universities around the US that come with their own instructor to take a specific class (i.e. Eastern Mennonite University, Azusa Pacific University, Geneva College). The summer is a great time to experience Lithuania, and will also give you the opportunity to travel around Europe before or after the summer sessions. You may begin the application by emailing email@example.com or by completing the application form.
The cost will differ for groups and independent students. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Included in your program fee
- 3 North American semester hours or 6 European semester hours (1 course)
- Housing – shared room with three roommates
- Transportation to and from Vilnius International Airport
- Orientation travel within Lithuania (Vilnius, Trakai Castle)
- Day trips to Nida and Palanga (beach towns)
- Use of textbooks from the LCC library
Shared room in the student dorm – when possible students will have European roommates.
Students will be responsible for preparing / purchasing their own meals. Typically, breakfast and dinner are prepared in the dorm or eaten out at restaurants or cafes. Lunch can be brought from the dorm, or purchased at the LCC cafeteria.
Courses – Independent Students
- Students can select any courses offered and listed on the Study Abroad Selecting Courses page
- Transfer credit should be determined prior to registration
- Transcripts will be sent to the partner college upon completion of the course
Courses will be available online in February, but you can email email@example.com to inquire regarding specific courses.
- You will be a sophomore, junior or senior
- You have completed at least one semester at your university
- You have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.7
* those with a GPA lower than a 2.7 may be considered in cases of special circumstances.
** all majors can apply
Summer Volunteer Program
This opportunity is designed for undergraduate students looking to gain teaching and/or volunteer experience in a cross-cultural setting. Students will come to Lithuania for two weeks to two months and serve as camp counselors or English instructors for Children’s English camps. Participants may choose to obtain academic credit through their home institution. Students interested in this will be responsible for communicating with their advisor or appropriate on-campus associate to make arrangements for receiving credit.
Summer Internship/Volunteer Program Cost
The cost of the program for the summer will include the following: Orientation and travel in Lithuania (Vilnius, Trakai, Palanga and Nida), Housing – shared with 3 roommates, Instructional Fees: Cultural Training from LCC Study Abroad Staff, Internship/Volunteering supervision from professional LCC teaching staff, gained teaching experience in an international setting.
Summer RA Program
Spend 5 weeks experiencing Lithuanian culture and serving as a Summer RA in one of the on-campus dormitories for the Summer Language Institute (SLI) in the month of July.
Summer RAs do not pay for housing, but cover the cost of cultural orientation and travel in Lithuania. For more information on costs and what is included in orientation email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Program Dates
- Early Application Deadline: February 1
- Program Application Deadline: March 15
Summer Course Sessions
- May 5: Arrival to Lithuania and Orientation
- May 7: Classes begin
- May 25: Final Exams
- May 26: Departure from Lithuania
Summer Volunteer Opportunities
English Summer Day Camp for Children (3-5 grade)
- June 4 – 15
English Summer Day Camp for Teens
- June 18 – 29
RA for Summer Language Institute
- July 2: Arrival
- July 3-6: Orientation
- July 29: Departure