Master’s programs in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are common in many parts of the world, but are new to Lithuania. Our international program consists of short residency and online instruction delivery that focus on three key principles: theoretical linguistic knowledge, applied scientific research, and the practical use of both theory and research.
The goal of this program is to equip graduates for both teaching and leadership positions within the field of TESOL instruction.
The core of this program consists of building on theoretical linguistic frameworks for the purpose of researching and applying principles of language teaching pedagogy in practical settings.
The M.A. in TESOL program at LCC International University is geared to a wide audience of language practitioners. It is specifically designed for those who are looking to deepen their knowledge of applied linguistics through concentrated studies and research as well as those who want a thorough knowledge of language teaching methods and their practical application in international contexts.
In particular, the program is designed for:
- High school teachers willing to enrich their professional and methodological competence;
- Individuals who have received their Bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a career in English language teaching in an increasingly multilingual world;
- Individuals who are interested in language program administration and management;
- Individuals who are interested in research in the field of applied linguistics.
- Individuals serving in missions as English language teachers.
In 2016, the M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program was positively evaluated by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (SKVC), an independent public agency. The program is accredited through 2022. Summary of the external evaluation report is available on the Accreditation Status of Study Programs page under Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages – TESOL (6211NX003).